At Blue Wolf, we specialise in team building activities for groups of 30 to 300 people, and especially activities that focus on creativity and problem solving. We realise this doesn’t cover every need, so here is a list of ideas and suppliers who may be able to fill the gaps. Please do contact us though, if you want to talk about our own team building activities. We would love to help you if we can!
Girona is a charming city located in the northeast of Spain, just a short distance from the Mediterranean Sea. This medieval city is known for its rich history, scenic beauty, and delicious food.
One of the city’s most impressive landmarks is the Girona Cathedral, an impressive Gothic structure that towers over the city’s historic center. The Old Town, known as Barri Vell, is a maze of narrow streets and alleys that lead to picturesque plazas and hidden courtyards. Visitors can explore the city’s Jewish Quarter, which dates back to the Middle Ages and features an impressive collection of historical sites.
Girona is also famous for its gastronomy, with a range of local dishes and world-renowned restaurants. The city’s signature dish is a hearty stew called “escudella i carn d’olla,” which is typically made with pork, beef, chicken, and vegetables.
The city is well-connected by train and bus to other major cities in the region, including Barcelona and the Costa Brava. Girona’s location also makes it an excellent base for exploring the natural beauty of the surrounding region, with easy access to hiking trails, beaches, and nature reserves.
Here are 10 team building ideas for Girona, Spain that you could consider:
- Paella cooking workshop – Learn to cook the most famous Spanish dish and bond with your colleagues while enjoying the beautiful views of Girona countryside. You can find cooking workshops at Mas Llorens:
- Medieval games – Experience a trip back in time with a series of medieval games such as archery, jousting, and sword fighting at La Marca Medieval.
- Team bike tour – Explore the city on two wheels with a guided bike tour through Girona’s most beautiful and historic areas. Girona Cycling offers several options.
- Adventure Park – Have some fun with high ropes, zip lines and other challenges in the forest at the Bosc Aventura.
- Wine Tasting – Enjoy some of the finest local wines of the Emporda region while learning about the wine-making process. At Pujol Vilanova Winery you will have the opportunity to participate in a wine tasting event.
- Horseback Riding – Experience the beautiful Catalan countryside with a horseback riding excursion. Girona Horse Riding offers rides with spectacular views.
- Escape room – Solve puzzles and riddles with your team to escape a locked room at the popular escape room company El Pati de les Cols.
- Stand Up Paddle – Explore the Mediterranean Sea on a stand-up paddleboard and enjoy some of the most beautiful coastal views. SUP Costa Brava offers tours from Girona.
- Art workshop – Channel your creative side and express yourself through a painting or sculpture workshop. Artigall offers workshops and art classes.
- Hot air balloon ride – Experience a unique perspective of the Catalan countryside from high above with a hot air balloon ride. Globubolg offers hot air balloon rides in the Girona area.