At Blue Wolf, we specialise in team building activities for groups of 30 to 300 people, and especially activities that focus on creativity and problem solving. We realise this doesn’t cover every need, so here is a list of ideas and suppliers who may be able to fill the gaps. Please do contact us though, if you want to talk about our own team building activities. We would love to help you if we can!
San Sebastian is a coastal city in the Basque Country region of northern Spain that offers a unique blend of culture, history, cuisine, and natural beauty. With its picturesque beaches, historic landmarks, and world-renowned gastronomy, San Sebastian has become a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.
One of the main attractions of San Sebastian is its beaches, which include La Concha, Ondarreta, and Zurriola. These beaches are known for their crystal-clear waters, white sand, and stunning views of the Bay of Biscay. Visitors can swim, sunbathe, and enjoy a variety of water sports, such as surfing and kayaking.
San Sebastian also has a rich cultural heritage, reflected in its architecture and museums. The Old Town, or Parte Vieja, is a historic district filled with narrow streets, charming buildings, and numerous pintxo bars (a type of Basque tapas). Visitors can explore landmarks like the Gothic-style San Vicente Church, the baroque Basilica of Santa Maria, and the impressive Miramar Palace, which was once the summer residence of the Spanish royal family.
Foodies will be delighted with the culinary offerings of San Sebastian, which is home to numerous Michelin-starred restaurants, as well as pintxo bars serving traditional Basque cuisine. Some of the must-try dishes include pintxos de tortilla (potato omelet bites), txangurro (spider crab), and kokotxas (hake cheeks).
In addition to its urban attractions, San Sebastian is surrounded by natural beauty, including the stunning Monte Urgull and Monte Igueldo, which offer panoramic views of the city and the sea. Visitors can also explore the nearby Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve, a protected area of natural beauty that is home to a wide range of flora and fauna.
Here are 10 ideas for team building events in San Sebastian, Spain:
- Pintxo cooking workshop – Take a cooking class and learn how to make pintxos, the delicious Basque tapas that San Sebastian is famous for. This is a great way to bond with colleagues while also learning a new skill. Check out Mimo San Sebastian for their pintxo cooking classes.
- Surfing lessons – San Sebastian is a popular surfing destination, and taking a group surfing lesson can be a fun and challenging team building activity. Check out Pukas Surf Eskola for their surfing lessons.
- Kayaking excursion – Explore the beautiful coastline of San Sebastian by kayak. This is a great way to get some exercise while also enjoying the scenery. Check out San Sebastian Adventure for their kayaking tours.
- Wine tasting – San Sebastian is surrounded by excellent vineyards, making it a great place to learn about and taste local wines. Check out Viavinum for their wine tasting events.
- Team building games – Participate in a series of fun and challenging team building games, such as obstacle courses, puzzles, and relay races. Check out San Sebastian Activities for their team building events.
- Sailing trip – Rent a sailboat and spend the day sailing around the Bay of Biscay. This is a great way to enjoy the sea while also building teamwork and communication skills. Check out Sailway for their sailing tours.
- Basque cooking competition – Divide into teams and compete in a cooking competition to create the best Basque dish. This is a fun and creative way to bond with colleagues. Check out San Sebastian Food for their Basque cooking competition.
- Basque sports day – Participate in traditional Basque sports such as jai alai, pelota, and aizkolaritza (wood chopping). This is a unique and fun way to experience Basque culture while also building teamwork and communication skills. Check out San Sebastian Activities for their Basque sports day.
- Beach Olympics – Organize a series of beach games, such as beach volleyball, frisbee, and tug-of-war. This is a fun and lighthearted way to build teamwork and communication skills while also enjoying the beach. Check out San Sebastian Activities for their beach Olympics.
- Hiking excursion – Explore the beautiful Basque countryside by hiking through the hills and mountains around San Sebastian. This is a great way to get some exercise while also enjoying the scenery. Check out Hike Basque Country for their hiking tours.